How to Submit Amended Year-End Accounts to Companies House
Date Published: August 1, 2019
Category: Accounts Production, Companies House, Support
BTCSoftware make it simple to resubmit accounts to Companies House where the original submission was rejected. If, however, the submission was accepted then you need to talk to Companies House and ask if they will accept a paper submission of the amended accounts.
You can submit year-end accounts online to Companies House using our Accounts Production Solution. When submitting an amendment, you must follow the Companies House guidance which is summarised here.
Submitting amended accounts to Companies House
First you must contact Companies House to confirm they will accept your amendments, as they can’t process amendments to accepted submissions electronically. This means there are steps you must take to complete the process on paper:
- Ensure the word ‘Amended’ is clearly displayed on the front page so to avoid rejection as duplicates
- The amended accounts must be for the same period as the original submission
- The amended accounts must clearly state that they
- Are replacing the original accounts
- Are now the statutory accounts
- The amended accounts must be prepared as they were at the date of the original accounts
- And the amended accounts must be signed by a company director
For further information please refer to www.gov.uk
How do I amend just one part of the accounts?
If you only want to make a change to one part of the company accounts, then you must send a note with your submission to explain what has been changed, and the note must be signed by a company director. This is filed with a copy of the original accounts to Companies House.
How we can help you
Our Accounts Production Solution is designed to make the completion of year-end annual accounts easy. If you haven’t signed up yet, you can book a free demonstration with one of our consultants. Call us on 0345 241 5030, or email email@example.com.
If you are a customer and need assistance with this topic, please get in touch with our friendly support team on 0345 241 5030 – option 2.