Corporation Tax, How to…
How to enter a repayment of a loan to a participator in CT600A
To access CT600A forms, expand the Supplementary Schedules from the bottom left menu and check the box for CT600A.
- Contains information on the company, such as company name, tax reference, the period start date and end date
- If any or all loans made during the period have been repaid, released, or written off, enter an X in box A5. This also applies if, in the case of arrangements, return payments have been made before the end of the period.
- Part 1: Loans and agreements made during the return period
- Enter details of any outstanding loan made to a participator during the return period
- Enter the date the loan was made, or Y, under the column Made before 06/04/2016. This ensures the loans are charged the correct tax according to the date they were made.
- Part 2: Relief for return payments and/or amounts repaid, released, or written off within 9 months
- Complete part 2 to obtain relief for amounts repaid, released, or written off during the period, or after the end of the period but earlier than nine months and one day after the end of the accounting period in which the loan was made.
- Part 3: Relief due now for return payments and/or amounts repaid, released, or written off later.
- Most companies will not need to complete part 3. Complete part 3 if all the following conditions apply:
- The loan was made, or benefit conferred under arrangements during the return period
- Repayment, release, or write off, or return payment was more than nine months after the end of the period in which the loan was made
- The return is submitted after the date on which relief is due