Practice Management, Support
Permissions issues when backing up or moving the database
When attempting to back up or move the database, or when linking to another database, you might encounter permissions issues.
This is either because you do not have System Adminstrator rights for your PC, or you haven’t opened the BTCSoftware desktop program as an administrator.
If you’re not a System Adminstrator you should contact your System Administrator to grant you permission to make the changes on your PC, or to log you in as an administrator.
To run BTCSoftware as an administrator to change the database:
- Open BTCSoftware by right-clicking on the desktop icon and selecting Run as Administrator
- Click Yes at the prompt Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?
- Close the login box
- Go to Administration > Edit Database Location
- Choose the new database location then click OK
- The software will automatically close
- Reopen BTCSoftware and log in