How to view event status reports and the total count of the number of events?
BTCSoftware’s events tool is based on the 3 R principal which is Reminders, Recurrence, Reporting. There are different ways in which you are able to view/export an event status report and also view the total count of the number of events in the system. They are described as follows:
Tax Return Status – Individual Tax Returns, Partnership Tax Returns, Trust Tax Returns, SA Payment Schedule, Corporation Tax Returns
Year End Accounts Status – Year End Accounts, Companies House Submission Status
VAT Return Status – VAT Returns, EC Sales List Returns
Pending Events Report
Tax Return Status reports are year specific. To create a report on Tax Return Status (For example Individual Tax Returns), follow the instructions below:
• From the top toolbar go to Reports > Tax Return Status > Individual Tax Returns
• On the Individual Tax Return Listing window, the current tax year is automatically chosen on the first drop-down menu.
• To change the tax year, simply choose this from the drop-down menu
• To include the returns that have been completed, please check Show Completed within the top toolbar of this report
• You are able to view the listing for just the clients in your portfolio by checking My Clients within the top toolbar of this report
• In order to produce a report with a particular status type, choose Status from the second drop down option and type the status, e.g. In Progress in the text box
• Once you have the desired report listing, options to Print/Export are available
• The total count of the listing is shown top of the window. Please see the following image for an example
Accounts and VAT Returns Status reports are produced similar to the above instructions. The Pending Events report is a report of all event types including non-system events. You do have an option to filter through to specific event types, period start/end dates, reminders for a particular month/week/day etc. The way you filter through the report is similar to the above-mentioned instructions.