When I try to file a return, I get the following message: – “Local Error: 1046 Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service”
What does “Local Error: 1046 Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service” mean?
The 1046 error can be caused by the following:-
- Wrong version of the software
- Please ensure you have the latest version of our software by viewing the BTCSoftware About box. It should match the version available on our website.
- Bad Gateway id and/or password
- You can check these via the options button from the submission dialog. However, if you have already filed a return on the SAME COMPUTER as you are using then these should be fine.
- Invalid UTR
- The UTR entered should be in the correct format. For CT Returns it needs to be 13 digits long representing the client’s 3 digit tax office followed by their 10 digit UTR and for SA Returns it should be 10 digits
- A problem with the HMRC Gateway