Vacancy: Sales Consultant – existing customer business
We are currently looking for a Sales Consultant to join our growing and friendly sales team, based in Addlestone, Surrey. The key focus of this role will be to further develop our existing customer relationships and upsell. (Note: no agencies please)
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the ability to focus on building long-term relationships with our customers rather than hitting one-off targets. They will work closely with BTCSoftware customers via the telephone, acting as an all-round business consultant to enable them to make the most of the BTCSoftware product range.
As well as being responsible for developing existing customer relationships, this role will also require you to qualify new customers.
Key duties and responsibilities
Under supervision of the sales manager, your specific duties will be:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Providing customers with renewal quotations by email and telephone
- Upselling to existing customers
- Providing customers with regular calls and emails as part of the customer care
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing annual contract renewal sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Providing feedback on customer satisfaction
- Representing BTCSoftware at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating variations in price and specifications with your manager
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Recording sales and order information and entering the information into the CRM
- Reviewing your own sales performance, against targets as you gain experience
- Admin duties as part of the sales team
You’ll work alongside our new business team members. At BTCSoftware sales is a team process.
Skills and experience being sought
To be a successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- The ability and desire to sell
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- A confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word would be an advantage and previous experience of IT and Software sales would be good, but is not necessary
How to apply
If you are keen to apply for the role, please email a current copy of your CV and a covering letter to Paul Oldridge, Business Development Director, BTCSoftware. No agencies please.
We’re growing and always on the look out for talented individuals to join our friendly team. You don’t need a background in the Accountancy Sector, but we are always keen to talk to part-qualified or trainee accountants who fancy moving into software. So if you want to make a difference and realise your potential we’d love to hear from you, especially if you have some experience in any of the following areas:
- Software Support
- Software Design and Development
- Software Testing
- Customer Training
- Solution Sales
If this is of interest to you please contact Paul Oldridge on the office number (01932 840 572), on his mobile (07860 148 251) or via an email to PaulOldridge@BTCSoftware.co.uk. Paul treats all such applications in strictest confidence and is always happy to have to an open and informal chat with you.
Please no agencies.