Accounts Production, How to…, Recent Top FAQs
How to remove ‘Undefined’ from the prior year column in the Extended Trial Balance
If you are using BTCSoftware for the first time to complete year-end accounts, the prior year column in the Extended Trial Balance displays as ‘Undefined’.
First, add a year-end accounts event for the prior year:
- Choose the client from the client menu list
- Go to Tasks & Tax Returns tab
- Select Add then choose Year-end accounts from the drop-down list
- Manually amend the accounting period dates to the prior year dates
- Click on View/edit year-end accounts
When the year-end accounts summary screen opens:
- Select the appropriate template from the Accounts Production Template drop-down list
- On the top toolbar, click Actions > Complete
- Click yes for the first warning
- Click Skip for the second warning
You can now go to the current year accounts. Undefined will not show on the Extended Trial Balance.