Using BTCSoftware Solution to Submit Amended Returns to HMRC
Date Published: July 29, 2019
Category: Accountants, Corporation Tax Software, Self Assessment, Self Assessment & Corporation Tax Software, Software, Support
As an agent, you want your time to be used efficiently. When you need to amend and resubmit your client’s tax return you want your software to handle it with ease. Find out how to use BTCSoftware to submit amended returns to HMRC.
BTCSoftware allows you to submit amended Self-Assessment and Corporation Tax returns to HMRC from the software. HMRC advise the current cut-off dates for amendments are:
- 31 January 2020 for the 2017 to 2018 tax year
- 31 January 2021 for the 2018 to 2019 tax year
Please check www.gov.uk for up to date information.
How to submit an amended tax return to HMRC.
If you used BTCSoftware to make the original submission then you can follow the steps below to submit an amended tax return:
If the original submission wasn’t made using BTCSoftware you will need to follow a different process:
- Create a new tax return and complete the forms
- In the summary screen click Submit to HMRC
- On the tax return submission screen check the box for ‘Enable submit’
- Press and hold the shift key as you click on submit to submit this as an amended return.
How we can help you.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can book a free demonstration with one of our consultants. Call us on 0345 241 5030, or email email@example.com.
If you are a customer and need assistance with this topic, please get in touch with our friendly support team on 0345 241 5030 – option 2.