How to…, Practice Management, Recent Top FAQs
How to extract and email data to the support team from the software
When calling BTCSoftware’s support team, you may be required to send an extract of your data by email so they can check the entries made on a tax return, set of accounts, or VAT return.
To send your data, please follow the below steps:
- Choose the correct client from the client list
- On the top toolbar, go to Client > Extract & Email Client Data
- You will be prompted with a warning message: “Do you wish to extra all data for (client) to a file that can be emailed to BTCSoftware for analysis?” Click
- If you are using an email program such as Microsoft Outlook:
- Ensure that your email program is open, then click Email Program
- In the email that opens, your client’s data folder will be attached. Click
- If you are using an internet-based email provider:
- Select Internet Email, then Open Folder
- Attach the CE and Client Files (a .zip folder) then send the email to support@BTCSoftware.co.uk
We treat all data transmitted in the strictest confidence. Once the client’s data has been received, we will analyse the issue and respond as soon as possible.